A late 18th century George III period brass-bound mahogany wine cooler, on its original detachable stand of four tapering legs terminating in brass cappings and castors.
With apparently original side-carrying handles, the interior has its original lead lining and drainage tap.
In very good condition with excellent colour and surface. Ca 1790.
With its fitted glass top, it can be used as a small antique side table, lamp table, or occasional table.
A related octagonal brass-bound cellaret, but on a fluted stand, was supplied by Thomas Chippendale, en-suite with a sideboard table, to Paxton, Berwick on Tweed, in 1776. Paxton House has one of the largest collections of Chippendale furniture.
From a private UK collection.