Pair of exceptionally large antique copper lanterns by W. Parkinson & Co. (Circa 1860). Bearing the original trade label, London & Birmingham.
These attractive verdigris lanterns were originally fitted for oil/gas for use in the mid- to late- 19th century. They have been re-glazed, their condition is commensurate with age, and are suitable for internal or external use, either fixed or hanging.
H: 100 cm.
W: 48 cm.
D: 48 cm.
Verdigris refers to the natural patina formed when copper, brass or bronze is weathered and exposed to the air.