A small sized mid-18th century mahogany bureau bookcase / cabinet.
George II period, ca 1740.
This diminutive Georgian bureau bookcase – also sometimes referred to as a ladies cabinet – is of rare architectural form, with boldly-fluted pilasters flanking a mirror set within a parcel-gilt border with candle slides below. The pediment is carved with complex lozenges and a dentil cornice. Interior with adjustable shelves above fitted drawers.
The writing section is fitted with small drawers with three graduated working drawers below.
Raised on bracket feet. Original mirror plate, brass mounts and locks throughout.
Great proportions, lovely colour, in superb condition, and will enhance any room setting.